Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hello there!

Dating. It's a tricky thing. But who doesn't know that already? This certainly isn't the first blog dedicated to navigating the dating pool...not even the first one dedicated to dating specifically in the Boston area. It is my way though of navigating my own mind and experiences, and perhaps somebody will stumble upon this that can relate or contribute their own insights and experiences.


After a solid two years of stalling and false starts, I have been dating on and off and coming up short. All in all, I think I am just flat out bad at dating. When you think about it, dating is really like a job interview. You have a short period of time to show somebody what you would be like in a relationship. I don't think I give an accurate depiction to what a life with me would be like. After a few bad experiences and dating a few jerks, I have become guarded and hard to read. Who wants to make a commitment to that girl, right? And even though I am aware of this problem, I can't seem to quite shake it. It's hard, however, to improve on these things when I am only going on a date every few months. That is why I am setting out to date as much as possible, simply for the sake of practice.


Stay tuned as I begin this new journey and hopefully learn an awful lot about myself in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment